CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Son Can Legally Wear This to School!

I've heard so much controversy about what kids can and cannot wear to school. In 4th grade in North Carolina one of my boys got in trouble for wearing a Disney World Star Wars trading pin with light sabers on it. I truly thought it was over the top, but I was going to obey the rules. And we didn't take that to school again.



Today, Caleb is wearing a shirt his Dad sent to him from Iraq. If you notice the #69 shows the sizes of a different caliber weapons used in the military. There is such a difference living on a military base attending DODDs schools. It saddens my heart to think why we, the USA, are in the situation we are in today.

2 comments:

Betsie Morris said...

Ummm.....a light saber on a trading pin is so lame to get in trouble for, but sad that is how it is. After the bombing in Colorado a few years back (okay like over a decade -- man I am old!) any student that was wearing a black trench coat to school got sent home at the school I was working at. One of my best kids got sent home. Never will forget it!

Anonymous said...

Luke wore "shooting" shirts to school all the time. Jessica still does!