CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tortilla Factory!

I have been dreaming of Chipotle’s since we’ve moved here. Then just the other day I saw an ad for “Tortilla Factory”, it opened February 1st. I was super stoked to arrive today with my kids in tow. We were greeted by the aroma of sassy Mexican food and super friendly staff. The owner/manager is such a nice man; he speaks impeccable English which is very helpful when you order your meal because it comes ‘made to order!’ We had a great conversation together and I discovered he modeled the Tortilla Factory after Chipotle’s in the states. They have bowls and burritos, tacos and special made a cheese quesadillas for my daughter! I inquired about the ‘spicy chicken’, how spicy is it? Not too spicy at all, come to find out the local Okinawans do not like spicy food; which explains why the Mexican food over here is so mild compared to the states. All three kids gave the place two thumbs up and me… well I leaped for Joy! So Yummy… can’t wait to take my husband when we returns home from his trip.

Here's my burrito... and yes that is a side order of chips and salsa!

K80's cheese quesadillas!
The boys both had meat cheese only soft tacos. They both said they were super delicious, and yes that is my bottle of Dasani Water! I truly can't wait to bring Mark here. It'll be a date, and then we'll head down to the seawall for a romantic walk on the beach.
Sorry for the formalness of this post. This is the article I submitted to Okinawa Hai.
Hopefully it'll get published soon.

1 comment:

Danielle Baker said...

I bet you feel like you have a little piece of "home" now!! Looks delicious!!