CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

life is like a box of chocolates

I once heard that "life is like a box of chocolates!" But what does that really mean?


Today it means sometimes you get a delicious chocolate with peanut butter or fudge inside, and sometimes you get the gross strawberry creme filled ones. Or even worse, the chocolate covered coconut ones. My boys had both today and they weren't happy about it.
And I got caught. Earlier today I had a hankering for one of these little gems. So I stole one from each of my kids 'box o' chocolates'. Stupid me, I taught them boys to count and I couldn't blame it on their dad (stupid deployment!) like I normally do. Luckily for me, K80's not home from school yet. Hope I sneak this one past her!
P.S. I know the Bible tells me "Thou shall not steal" but does it really count when I bought the chocolate in the first place? Pastor John Reimer if you are reading this you are allowed to use this in your sermon series. I am happy to be a good example of what NOT to do as a parent.

1 comment:

Betsie Morris said...

Or you could look at it as a lesson in thithing! You know, you bought them for your kids and you just asked for 10% of it back. Like God ask us to give back what was already His :-)