CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Clean the Turkey!


I love this photo for many reasons...


  1. My Mom is in this photo. She's like me, not many photos of us to be found. We'll regret that later in life. I regret not having more of her now!

  2. My Junior is in this photo. Me love me some Junior!

  3. It's Thanksgiving circa 2003-ish.

  4. We lived in Virginia Beach.

  5. In the background you can see the pass-thru window that my kids would through their sippy cups through in attempts to put them in the sink which is just below the window! We found them by the computer all the time.

  6. My mom is helping Junior make yams from the can... that's how we do it!

  7. I still have that can opener that is sitting on the kitchen table.

Now lets get to the real reason I posted this photo. Mom... I hope you remember this! This was the year that Katie begged us to help wash the turkey. And we wouldn't let her, she got mad and said in her Katie huffy little attitude voice ...


"I can't wait til I'm old enough to wash the turkey!"


And this memory is what I'm thankful for on day 9 of my 30 Days of Thankfulness.



Junior's old enough now, think she'll want to clean the turkey with me this year? Clean out the guts and reach in to grab the giblets bag? I'll keep you posted, but don't get your hopes up, I know I won't!

No comments: