CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday... Church Day!

I admit I was a mess at church. Couldn't figure out why, then it dawned on me. When I close my eyes and Praise I cry. I can't help it. It's not fear, anger or anxiety... it's Praise. I am completely humbled by the grace and presence of the Most High. Many many years ago when I was going through life's struggles I cried every time I entered church. The presence of God was overwhelming. I was strong throughout the week but come Sunday morning I was a blubbering baby. Today was the same. I've been praying, not as much as I should I am certain of that, because one can never pray too much, but He is always on my mind. He brought me through the unspeakable storm 13+ years ago and He'll carry me through this one. Am I worried? I am not worried for me, I am scared for them... my Caleb, my Seth, my JR and my amazing husband Mark. Are we as a family ready for this challenge, this valley, this bump in the road on the way to our destiny? I say yes we are, wishing and praying all the while this detour be removed from our path. God, you know the plans and the purposes for our lives. You will never forsake us, You'll always be there carrying us when we need carried and pushing us when we need a push, and I cannot thank You enough.



On to a more positive note... K80 bought her IPod Touch Friday. She used the money she earned from her paper route. What a giddy school girl and a huge step for her to hand over that much money for something she's wanted for so long. I'm so proud of the young lady she's becoming.



Tonight the boys had Court of Honor for Boy Scouts. They were each awarded 7 merit badges, 3 were Eagle required and 1 was a heritage merit badge. They also pinned on their 2d Class Rank. They are well on their way to Eagle. Sadly I do not have great pictures of the event b/c in my absent mindedness I left my big camera at home and had to fall back on my little blue one I keep in my purse. I was able to get this one of the whole group, obviously my two boys are front and center. If you look closely at the photo you'll find 3 sets of twins in
the troop. Crazy huh...!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Colleen,
Thanks for leaving a comment. Steve says hi. I will be praying for you. I can totally relate to not being able to say the word. Totally. Now I can even joke about it. Most days. I would love to hear more about your diagnosis and treatment plan. Stage 1, that's good. Mine a
Was stage three. From what I'm learning, ovarian is a "good" one to get bc there is a high cure rate. 80 - 90 percent. But really who cares what they say when god is in control, right?! That gives us the best prognosis. I'd love to talk to you. It seems like you are in japan. We can work arond that. My number is 937-681-1956. This is my rough week coming up. I get chemo mon and tues but may be up for a phone call by fri. I'd love to encourage you any way I can. You can do this. Well, you can't, but Jesus can. That's all we need. For real. My email ia Elizabeth.koproski@athletesinaction.org if you would rather email?
It sucks. It really does, I'm so sorry.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Elizabeth