CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

sands of the hourglass

"Like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives!"

"Time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin' into the future..."

Which brings me write back to what I have posted on the header of my blog...


Be Happy for THIS moment... for THIS moment is your LIFE!


Truth be told some moments suck. Guess which moments I have more of right now. I know what you are thinking and you are wrong. At this very moment in my house Seth is upstairs playing the Marine Corps hymn, Caleb is doing his reading log and K80 just popped in the door dodging huge raindrops on her way home from school. It's a great moment, we are all here together (minus Mark he's still at work, some one's gotta pay for this cement doublewide and all our health benefits!). We are still here, we may not be 100% healthy but together we are. In this moment I have peace, if you'da called a few hours earlier I had moments without peace, I was filled with many emotions none of which promote peace. Those moments are in the past, this one is new, it's positive it's peaceful... it's mine!

2 comments:

Mary Stewart said...

I'm praying for you to know peace all the time!!!

Dory Heesch said...

In reagards to your Sands of the Hourglass post... Very appropriate that you live in Okinawa as you wrote this. They have a saying, "Ichi go, Ichi e" Which literally means one moment, one meeting. There will be many moments in your life that may feel like the moment you are in, but you never truly have the opportunity to redo a moment, so make the best of it you can.

Praying for you Colleen. May it be his will Lo-d my G-D and King of the Universe that all things work out for you and your family in the most positive of directions.