CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Since we've been home!

Since we arrived back on island last Thursday night (we walked in our front door at 11:05pm sharp!) I've accomplished ALOT.

(DISCLOSURE: I've been working on getting this post up since Monday, we've had internet issues. This is a post that should have gone up on Monday... you don't want to know what I've done since then.)

Here's the run down in no particular order!

  • 15 loads of laundry (and two more on the floor)
  • actually folded and put away all that laundry too!
  • wrote a short little Christmas newsletter
  • 1 emergency trip to the dentist for 2 kids (one broken tooth, one lost filling)
  • stuffed, licked, stamped, sealed, addressed 80 HOMEMADE Christmas cards'
  • mailed those Christmas cards
  • mailed my mom's Christmas present (see attached story below!)
  • took 4 showers
  • slept approximately 40 hours... miss the hotel's king size bed.
  • assisted in homework (10+ hours minimum)
  • listened to 150 minutes of Seth practising his trumpet
  • helped make a canoe and a wigwam
  • spent $200 at the commissary
  • had a fabulous lunch with friends after church
  • glimpsed at the Army/Navy game on TV
  • put up Frosty the Snowman on the short roof (actually Mark did, I supervised... a story for another posting!)
  • Finished Christmas decorations ...still have to take down a few fall ones :(
  • hid Christmas presents in the nooks and crannies of our home!


What did you do this weekend?


Bold~Mom's Present~

Mom's present... well you see. I thought I was brilliant but in fact, I am not as smart as I thought. I ordered 95% of my Christmas presents online and had them shipped to my mom's house. Since I was going to see her in DC, my plan was fool proof. Everything arrived as expected. I even ordered my mom's present. She brought me everything and it took quite awhile to pack it up for the plane rides home. What I failed to do was wrap my mom's present and give it to her prior to her departure back to Ohio. I arrived home to find her gifts w/ me. I had to wrap them & ship them back home. Sure hope they arrive by Christmas, the deadline here for shipping for Christmas was December 6th. Only missed the day by a week!

No comments: