CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

My First 5K

Sunday I ran/walked in my first 5K. I thought about doing the couch to 5K program and then my friend told me to go big or go home. So I went big. Without training, just motivation I did it. And I had every reason to not get up in the am to do it. It was raining, it was cold. I was up past 11:30 the night before. I was having hot flashes, I was just plain TIRED. I told myself and the kids we were gonna do it.


And do it we did. The kids were less than thrilled with me, but hey if mama's gonna do it so are you! We had fun and even the boys will admit that. It was hard as heck, I was the last one across the finish line but I still beat my goal time by almost a 1 1/2 minutes.


Saturday was a GREAT day, Sunday was better and today... MONDAY I'm on my way out the door for another run!


GO BIG OR GO HOME!

No comments: