CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Church bells

There is something that makes me homesick here in Okinawa...Church Bells.I grew up in a small town in nothern Ohio, I went to a quaint church on the east side and I loved to hear the church bells ring. I could hear them all the way at our house. Especially in the spring, summer and fall when our window were wide open and the wind from Lake Erie would almost carry the sound of "my bells" into my room. Such a sweet simple memory.

Here on Okinawa I hear church bells, but I cannot figure out where they are coming from. Several times a day, I hear the familiar sound of church bells and it takes me back in time. I reminds me of cool summer nights sitting on the front porch eating popsicles.

The first time my children heard them here they had no idea what they were. I was shocked that they had missed out on church bells. What a very sad thing to grow up without, luckily my kids have now heard the sweet sound of our very own church bells. I pray they make good memories with this beautiful simply music in the backdrop that will one day carry them back to their childhood and they too will recall... it was good!

No comments: