CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mega Water Park!

Mark got out of the field (military training while sleeping in tents... aka....playing war!) Friday night. Since we haven't spent that much time together in the past 2 weeks as a family doing fun things we decided to head out to the water park here on Okinawa. It's definitely not a MEGA water park, but it's cute and we had a blast playing together. We've been spoiled with Great Wolf Lodge, Water Country USA, the Beach (in Ohio) and last but not least the Disney water parks. This... this is nothing like any of the above. It has... well let's look at the pictures. (click on any of the photos to enlarge them)



This is what you call a traditional cement slide in Okinawa with a great water feature. The kids loved it, adults went on it. I can honestly say Mark and I did not, but we loved people watching!


Here are the kiddos at the top of the cement slides. I must say I got some cute and TALL kiddos!



A picture of the artwork on one of the walls at the park. I love how Disney it looks!






Caleb just off the only tube slide they have, more on that later.





Seth with his elegant landing off the tube slide.



K80 exiting the pool... look at them ab muscles. Doggone she's so stinkin' cute. I {heart} her!



These two slides, one green and one yellow, are the only two large slides. They also have a lazy river that floats around the slides, the tube slide and the cement slide. Yep that's it. Not much but enough to keep us busy for most of the day!


It's really fun to watch people. The Japanese families that come don't sit on the sides. They actively play with their kids. There are no pool chairs, lounge chairs or spots to lay-out. You park your stuff on a bench and you go play. No one lays out in the sun, reads a book or sits on their cell phones. Which Mark and I absolutely love because we love being kids and playing with our's.

A few things about this photo. This is where you stand or rather sit in line for the slides. They only send 4 people up at a time. The rest of us sit and wait under a tent like this. It's so much nicer than standing in the blazing sun on the stairs waiting for your turn.


Now see the lady in the pink and black swimsuit. Yeah her looking for someone, she has 7 year old twin girls and she approached me and asked me if I was the mother of the twelve year old twin boys. I responded quizzically with "yes, is everything okay?" She proceeded to ask if they were identical, swearing that they were, demanding that I should get the test and lectured me on life with twins and gave me all the details of the "famous" twins in Hollywood. Needless to say I couldn't get away fast enough, and my sweet husband never came to my rescue. It was obvious she drove her husband nuts because I never saw them together until it was break time.





All in all we had a wonderful day, so relaxing filled with lots of laughs and a dead battery!




Yep when we left the park, the car wouldn't start. I had the courage to play charades with several Japanese to tell them we needed help. They graciously came to our rescue. I neglected to take pictures... Opps.


Moral of the story... Enjoy life to the fullest each and everyday and when your battery goes dead more than once go buy a new one!

1 comment:

Aspiras Wiife said...

Uhhggg. That happens so often here! I've replaced mine once too.