CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Test Results Come Tomorrow...

Tomorrow I have a followup appointment with my surgeons (surgical team). They will remove the 17+ staples on my belly and hopefully tell me the results from pathology. Am I nervous? Yes. Do I have faith? Yes. Is God in control? Yes. Am I still skerd? .... yes.


I am feeling much better. I am understandably still weak and sore and HOT. Yes, HOT. The flashes have begun and I am dripping with sweat. My mom complains the hotel room is cold, and the nurses at the hospital complained my room was cold. (Maybe Alaska will be a good duty station for me after all?!) I don't think it's cold at all...


As soon as I receive the results from the doctor I'll let everyone know. I cannot leave Hawaii until we have plan of action set in stone for continued care of me and this stupid little hiccup in my life. What they find or don't find at pathology will determine the next weeks, month, and years of my life. So we will wait and see until tomorrow continue to pray!




P.S. This surgery has by far been the most painful of all of my past surgeries, far worse than any pregnancy or delivery. It's not easy, it's not fun and to be completely honest... it sucks. Sorry for the harsh words but it's reality here right now. I am off to take some more pain meds and go to bed.... hotel's are NOT the ideal place to recover just in case you were wondering!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

colleen,
I'm so sorry you are suffering. ptl for good pain meds! I'm praying for you and for the results. i'm glad you updated, i've been thinking of you and wondering how you are feeling. hang in there... the hot flashes are freaky, aren't they?!