CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Starting the Count Down...

Well it's official, we have started the count-down for Mark's return home. Last deployment we did a paper chain, and well I really didn't want a paper chain adorning my home this time. The kids are older and I wanted something a little more... not so kindergarteny! A friend of mine, and I can't remember who - sorry, suggested that I use a jar with rocks in it. Move one rock from one jar of 'days he's been gone' to the other jar called 'days left til he's home'. Sounded great, and looks nice too. So I counted how many days he's been gone, to this date it's 123 days. Doesn't seem like much when you look at it like that but believe me it's been a long time. We have 91 days left if he comes home as planned in mid-April. So we've past the half way point. Now we are in the midst of mid-deployment emotions and stresses, but we are on the downward slope of things. The kids are starting to get excited as we have officially started the "Dad's coming home jar!"
Remember the song... 100 Bottles of Beer? Well, we've changed it.

91 Days til Dad gets home
91 Days to go
Cross one off, jump for joy
90 Days til Dad gets home!

1 comment:

Robynccgirl said...

Yippie! I love that idea Colleen! We are in countdown until Dan leaves! Sucks! Happy for you though!