Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just how big is a...

I apologize for not posting more often over the last couple of days. Yesterday at 3:30am i was awoken by a sharp stabbing pain that persisted. I walked around my room and tried to get comfortable for almost an hour before I decided it was time to go to the ER. Thank goodness, my mom had just driven in from Ohio so I didn't have to take my children with me. I drove myself to the ER at 4:40am. The pain was far worse than delivering a baby and at that point I had no idea what was going wrong. I just knew something was drastically not right. After many tests and a CT scan it was determined that I have kidney stones. A 7mm kidney stone, doesn't sound like much until you measure one out. It's about the size of a basic pencil's eraser. And they want me to pass it through my you know what! Heck the hospital the doctors gave me two doses of morphine which wiped the pain away and put me on a strange floating cloud that hovered me in a strange new realm on what felt like the outside/side stage of life. I left the hospital with lots of pain meds and such to assist me the passing and in the pain involved with my KS. I get to call the urologist on Monday to schedule a "blasting" of the stone. So in the mean time I get to walk around drunk/high and beyond sleepy. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'll keep y'all posted on the passing/zapping of my wee little KS... so until next time.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

1 comment:

erin nichole said...

i really hope that you are getting your stone blasted...pencil erasers are not suppose to come out of your waterworks...EVER! Matt and i are praying that you feel better, and aren't stoned for Christmas ;)