CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My D-Day... decision day

I've been inspired rather challenged to resuscitate my creative side and dig deep into my spirit and live again. Design, create and make a mess. It's been a long time since I've really made things for me, to just experiment and enjoy the pretty papers, stamps, and stickers that surround me in boxes and bags. So today, I have decided I am going to start again. I am going to finish my "studio/office", it's my green room. I want it to be my place to unwind, inspire and express who I am. Below are pictures of my office as it now... it completely stresses me out. I find no peace in here. I am a woman of order, of a schedule, a need to know the plan kind of woman. I do not thrive on chaos; this room is chaos! Right now, I find nothing breath taking about coming into this room (accept the emails that I get from my husband, in case you didn't know he's in Iraq right now!). But that will all change, I will get it done, I will make it pretty, functional, and above all beautiful. I ask all of you to hold me accountable. My goal date to finish this is Saturday morning, 11/22/08. I say Saturday just in case I work on it after midnight on Friday! I can't wait to show you the final product... and pray nothing "SHINY" comes along to distract me! (One more quick thing: that is my dog she has a very hurt leg so the collar is to prevent her from itching it, she's pitiful isn't she.)

3 comments:

Robynccgirl said...

Awesome Colleen!!! I can't wait to see how awesome your room looks after you clean it up! I know you will have some great things coming out of there to share with us.

Robynccgirl said...

Awesome Colleen! I can't wait to see the finished Craft room. I know you will create some amazing projects when you feel more organized!

Joann said...

I'll be looking for the 'after' photos Colleen...can't wait to see it!!