CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If a Picture is worth....

If a picture is worth a 1,000 words then this posting is worth a doctorate thesis paper!


What a breath taking view. Behind every turn in the RV were views like this. Pictures cannot even describe the beauty of Alaska. I look forward to returning one day to inhale more memories like these!




K80 at the Tolsona Wilderness Campground. This creek ran throughout all the sites. It's a beautiful place truly in the woods. My favorite campsite of the entire trip.




K80 met the REAL Santa Claus who lives at the North Pole (Alaska). She was mortified that I made her do this, but you can tell by the smile on her face... she desperately wants to still believe.



A view of a glacier from our RV. It was so far away and still so immensely huge.



Another picture of a glacier up a bit closer, with the lens that is. I love the colors.



My new favorite flower, the Fireweed. They grow all over Alaska. They look rather purple in this photo but they are really more pink. The color changes throughout the season. Fields and fields of these flowers grow wild. Lots of folklore about this blooming wonder.

More Fireweed!


I must have taken 1000 photos of just landscapes. Each one different and you can stand in the same spot all day take 100 photos and each one will be different by the way the sun shines, clouds roll in and out and the shadow from neighboring mountains. It's unbelievable.



This river is the Little Susitna. It's the river that flowed behind my brother's house when he lived in Alaska many years ago. No other sound is more peaceful than a babbling brook. Pure Bliss.

This is the view of Denali from my side mirror. Whenever I checked my mirrors I could see her, the majestic mountain. No wonder many people have made the pilgrimage here just to catch a glimpse of her beauty.

If you look close enough you can see that two rivers merge. One is a glacier river, see how pure blue it is, that is not the sun. That's the water and boy was it cold.

This was the last campground we stayed out, ummm I mean parking lot. Yeah we had a tree in between the spots but not much else. That's our RV and mom sitting by the campfire. If you click the picture you can see the bunt pan campfire ring they gave us. I'll explain more on that later!



Many of the rivers up here are called braided rivers. Which means the rivers often change their pattern but never fill the river bed. I've never seen any before and loved how they blend together so smoothly.




Mom, K80 and I at the Alaska Pipeline. So huge and powerful.



At the Gold Mine, we got to hold a gold nugget worth $60,000. Talk about WOW Factor!













This is the very last photo I took in Alaska. One last memory.... Thanks Mom for such a great vacation, I love you.

No comments: